What's happening next to Fairtravel Battle?
Hey everyone! I imagine you have questions regarding the steam announcement. Why is FTB "Coming Soon" on Steam?
I apologize for not really giving details in my last post, but I was sort of in a hurry at the time (and also excited at the idea of finally having a steam page for FTB), and things have finally calmed down.
Yes, FTB will come to Steam in late 2020. Why not immediately? Because it's good practice to let a new steam game gather interest (wishlists) before actually releasing it. As a result, I set myself a target to prepare the game as much as possible before putting it on sale in Steam.
FTB will eventually (most likely soon-ish) turn into a paid game. That was always the goal at some point, of course. FTB is a very important project for me but I need funds to make games, so it's only natural that FTB would become commercial at some point. It's been a tough journey starting from nowhere, investing my own time and money, to get where FTB is at now.
What's going to happen next?
I'm planning to do a crowdfund in itch.io at some point. You'll be able to buy the game and reserve a steam key for when the steam version comes out.
There'll be extra rewards in tiers depending on how much you wish to invest. Among them there are the following:
- Name in the credits
- Unique card(s) based on a theme of your choice
- A playmat based on a theme of your choice
- A hero based on a character of yours (themed for the game)
- Unique codes with cosmetic rewards to use in the in-game shop
- Name NPCs in the campaign mode
- Encounters/Rooms in the campaign mode based on a theme or character
- A set of two/four physical decks (real cards)
After the crowdfund, the game will be sold for a price of $10 (not final) while in early access.
What will be done for Fairtravel Battle this year?
I feel that FTB is in a pretty good place right now, and will only get better over time. There's still a lot of work to do, but right now this is the roadmap I have for this year:
- New base set
- New class/faction-based deckbuilding
- Priority Windows/Responding to actions
- Team-based multiplayer
- Team-based Raid battles
- Revamped multiplayer
- Revamped UI/general experience
- Campaign mode (Explorable RPG)
- Quest mode (Roguelike direction-based labyrinth exploration mode, possibly with multiplayer too)
- More customizable game rules for things such game elements such as costs, followers, starting cards
- More animations and sounds for cards
- Pass and Play support (for local duels and co-op)
- Profile level system
- Player-hosted servers
This is pretty much my plans for the future of FTB this year. I am very motivated to keep working on FTB for the foreseeable future, even after the final first version is released.
I know that FTB turning into a paid game might be a bummer for some of you, and I apologize for the inconvenience, but I hope you see my side and agree with my actions.
Thank you all for your support, I can't wait to show you my progress in the next update!
Get Fairtravel Battle
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.