Version 36 Development Build 1 Out Now!
At long last, a the first Version 36 devbuild is finally available! This devbuild introduces many things, but the biggest focus is the support of team battles!
(Note: Video is from an earlier version of the devbuild)
Team Battles are now a main feature for FTB! When creating a lobby, you'll be able to pick how many players you want to have and set up any of them as CPU players or invite players to play with you:
How do team battles work?
Team battles actually work the same way they always have previously, except previously the teams were always 1 versus 1. Some things to be aware of include:
- You can play with 2 to 4 players, and choose any team configuration among them
- You can play online, LAN, or offline! Don't have friends to play with? Try playing with CPUs!
- When a player is defeated, all their cards are removed from the board
- Being defeated doesn't mean you'll get a game over, you just won't be able to keep playing. You only get a game over if your team is completely defeated
- Guardians can defend an entire team, not just the player that plays or summons them
- When an effect affects multiple players, the game will zoom out the board so you can see the full impact. This is not currently finalized, so effects that deal damage to all cards will not zoom out right now
- Cards that affect all allied players will be more powerful. Bonfire, Parched Predator, and Redan Entertainer are especially strong!
Right now, team battles are about 70% complete. We need to iron out bugs and ensure the card zoom feature properly works: We don't want team battles to be disorienting.
After team battles are finalized, we have another major feature to be added: Boss Raid battles, with the first raid coming this update.
In Boss Raids, a player or CPU plays as a boss with a custom deck and mechanics, while other players pick their best decks to try to beat the boss.
More information will be coming soon!
Flamingo Card Styles
This update introduces a flamingo-themed card style pack! The flamingo bundle can be obtained in the shop for the gold price of 5 card packs!
This bundle was made in celebration of April 1st, although very delayed. It is meant to be a celebration of when Flaming Torch Games becomes Flamingo Torch Games!
Here's the card styles included:
Card balance changes and other changes
Several cards and mechanics have been changed, including:
- Agoraz is now a 2/1 (down from 4/1)
- Alard the Stranger now costs 5 (up from 4)
- Arfactus, Shade of Birth is now a 7/7 (up from 3/5)
- Al'Kai, Ancestor of All is now a 2/3 (down from 2/4)
- Avalon now reads "Tactician. Deploy: You may destroy target equipment"
- Cecile now reads "Tactician. Deploy: You may destroy target permanent ability"
- Blade of the King now reduces swing cost by 2 (down from 3)
- Bless now costs 1 (down from 2)
- Bronen the Graveborn is now a 2/1 (up from 1/1) and reads "Whenever you play an Undead follower, you may pay 1. If you do, put this follower back into the field."
- Dark Illusion now costs 3 (down from 4)
- Drain Life now targets followers only
- Pact of Flareo now costs 2 (down from 3)
- Enormous Protector is now a 3/8 (up from 2/8) and has changed to a Common (down from Rare)
- Flame Burst now correctly has the Fire tag
- Gravemind now costs 4 (down from 6) and no longer discards at end of turn
- Mavel Shama is now a 2/4 (up from 2/3) and gains +1/+2 (down from +3/+3)
- Nature's Strength now correctly applies a buff to hero attack
- Noble Owl is now a 2/2 (down from 3/2)
- Parched Predator now gains +1/+1 (down from +2/+2)
- Polished Steel no longer debuffs your followers' attack
- Ragebringer (weapon) had its effects slightly corrected
- Rage Bringer (follower, name change pending) is now a Common (down from Rare)
- Redan Entertainer now costs 2 (down from 3)
- Ritual Bolt now deals 3 damage (up from 2)
- Riva Acton no longer has Quickness or Unstable
- Screeching Banshee's activated power now costs 1 (down from 2)
- Tarin Spellburst, The Uncounterable and Hon Sweetperson, The Painter now each are 4/6 (up from 4/4 and 3/6 respectively)
- Tinkering Spirit now costs 3 (up from 2)
- Trained Hound no longer gains ATK when revealing a follower
- Volcano Elemental no longer depends on Tactician to activate and no longer deals damage to its owner's hero
- Guardians no longer can guard while resting
- You may now attack with your hero if you're unable to swing your weapon due to low resources
- Field now holds 6 followers rather than 7 due to team battle screen space concerns
Get Fairtravel Battle
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.