Version 28 - New Card Frame design, Bugfixes
New card frame designs
Card frame designs have been updated with enhanced art assets. In addition, two cards, Redan Thief and Thulari Mercenary, have final official art. The Redan Thief art was created by @catpixels while the Thulari Mercenary art was created by @MartinHello5.
Bug fixes and minor improvements
A lot of bug fixes and minor improvements were done for this update. Unfortunately, the last update in particular was filled with bugs, and most if not all of them were fixed in this update. Here's a list of minor improvements and changes:
- Token summoning no longer goes above the field limit
- Flame Lord has been fixed to no longer deal damage to your own units, and to properly deal damage to your own hero as well as every enemy unit
- Deck Copy/Paste is now enabled in read-only (trial) decks
- Deck Copy/Paste now allows you to go to copy a deck, then go to another game mode and paste it there
- Deck Copy/Paste has a better text format
- Custom game modes for the Duel mode can now use your duel decks
- Resource drops (the little popups on the side when you drag a card) now handle drops vertically as well, so it should be easier to drop cards there
- Delver mode now properly has hero power cards and the treasure card
- Hero attack now increases on your turn if you have a weapon
- Retribution has been removed as a keyword
- Lich Lord now has its second ability with the Reinforce Undead template
- Collective Gathering now properly triggers from all Lari, and all Lari now have their proper tags
- Strike the Impure now properly deals extra damage
- Preemptive Strike now no longer deals extra damage
- Poison Elemental no longer activates when you attack another unit
- Booster Pack cards no longer appear stretched
- Competitive Duel now properly uses Duel decks
- Decks now use a single point system instead of per-affinity. Heroes currently have 80 points to spend per deck, and cards have a deck indicator to show how many points they take.
- Fame is now correctly awarded for each match
- Quests now work properly
- You no longer see the card preview and delay whenever you play cards on your turn
- Added new custom game mode rules for starting hand size, player is controlled by the CPU, use parent game mode decks, Extra card draw
- Other minor fixes
Currently, the only big issue with the game is that the dedicated server doesn't handle reconnects properly. I will do my best to fix it in the next update.
I've been working on Fairtravel Battle for a little over a year now, and I've been working on it almost every day. I feel immense responsability for it, so it's hard for me to not work when I feel I made a mistake. This update fixes a lot of problems I didn't realise the last update had, but it made me feel very worn out and tired while working on it. I think it's a good idea if I actually take a break from working on FTB for at least a couple weeks.
I always try to take breaks but end up returning the next day, so we'll see how that goes. I'm really happy with the direction the game is taking, and I can't wait to make it even more awesome. I play FTB all the time now, and I feel it's incredibly fun nowadays.
I hope you understand that even though I have a responsability to work on FTB until the end, it has been causing actual healt issues for my recently, and I really need a break. I take this decision very seriously, and would not do it unless it really was causing a lot of trouble for me in real life.
In the future, I hope to finish the Adventurers of Fairtravel card set, which will have 160 cards, and only add new features afterwards. I have a lot planned after that, including multiplayer with 3+ players, faster gameplay where you don't have to wait between moves, heroes with 1, 3, and 4 affinities, a history bar where you can check what happened, among other things.
Thank you so much for playing Fairtravel Battle. If it's your first time here, I hope you will enjoy it. I'm very grateful for the community that's slowly building up, and I can't wait to see it grow further!
Get Fairtravel Battle
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.